07/11/2011

Baked Chapati Rolls!!

0

Sunday morning after diwali , lazy beginning ...after breakfast hubby left for spanish lessons, maid finished her work. House was clean, laundry was done , I was relaxed and reading newspaper. Suddenly my cell phone rang and my dear friend who has missed her flight and her next flight was  in late afternoon, was coming to spend few hours, also she wants to have some quick bite.

I checked my fridge, nothing much :(, few leftover chapatis, milk and a bottle of appy fizz..... 10 mintues became hours for me, just to think what I can cook with limited options ..I came upto an idea , made paneer from milk(Homemade Paneer) and used leftover chapatis.
My friend could not stop appreciating the dish.















Just try this:
You can also try with fresh ones but crisp will come from leftover only.
Ingredients:
Few leftover chapatis
Paneer 1/2 cup
2 Tb spoon apple juice ( juice can be of any variant)
Spices of your choice to season.
Method:
Marinate Cottage cheese in apple juice and spices for 30 minutes.( I used crushed roasted cumin seeds, salt , mint powder, red chilli powder, chat masala).
Preheat microwave for 15 minutes. Divide the chapati in halves, place a spoon of cottage cheese mixture on one half chapati and fold it or make a roll. Using water on fingers, try to close the ends.
Repeat the procedure for other halves.
Grease the baking tray and place the rolls in tray and bake them for 10-12 minutes at 200 degree celsius.

Your dish is ready. Serve with sauce or chutney.

Tips:  You can also trying using mashed vegetables for filling, can use cheese or jams




0 comments: